The goal of this workshop is to prepare general education teachers and staff to understand the impact of hearing loss on the acquisition of language and learning. We will discuss effective classroom strategies, accommodations, assistive technology and interpreter use.
- Become familiar with the continuum of services for students who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Establish knowledge of communication options
- Develop a basic understanding of types and degrees of hearing loss
- Become familiar with hearing aids, cochlear implants, bone anchored devices, and classroom assistive technology
- Understand the impact of hearing loss on speech, language and auditory skills
- Understand the relationship among teachers, interpreters and students
- Identify classroom strategies and accommodations appropriate for students with hearing loss
This workshop will be available via ZOOM distance learning platform as well. If you would like to attend via ZOOM, please contact Elaine Young at email@example.com after registering.
PRESENTERS: Martha Rivera, Elaine Young, and Eden Yows
Click here to register.