The BEI performance tests will be administered to CSW participants on Thursday afternoon and all day Friday to Basic, Advanced, and Intermediary candidates.
Eligible applicants for BEI testing are:
- at least 18 years old;
- have earned a high school diploma or its equivalent;
- have taken and received a passing score on the written Test of English Proficiency (TEP) before applying for a BEI performance test;
- possess an Associate degree and or a minimum of 60 credit hours from an accredited college/university;
- do not have a criminal conviction that could qualify as grounds for denial, probation, suspension, or revocation of a BEI certificate, or other disciplinary action against any holder of a BEI certificate.
- Mail your completed application form; attach your official (sealed) college transcript, your payment in the form of a personal check, money order, or cashier's check, and a copy of photo identification to: HHSC BEI, PO Box 12306, Austin, TX 78711.
- Attach the CSW acceptance letter with the BEI application.
- Please keep your receipt from the money order or cashier’s check in case your fee is not received; the receipt will help track your payment.
- Do not mail BEI test form and payment to TSD. This will prevent timely processing of your application.
- If you haven’t passed the TEP already, the process is lengthy so we recommend applying for the TEP at least 3 months before the CSW in hopes that your results are received in time for you to apply for a performance test.
- A list of accepted CSW participants will be provided to HHSC BEI staff for appointment scheduling purposes.
- If you are already on the list for testing, please inform the BEI office immediately that you have been accepted to CSW and want to take the performance test at the end of CSW.
- Participants taking a performance test late Thursday or Friday may stay on campus Thursday night, but no meals will be provided after lunch on Thursday. (There are several places to eat within walking distance of TSD in addition to some restaurant delivery.)
- Workshop participants are NOT required to take the BEI performance test.
Please do not hesitate to contact BEI staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ms. Sefcik, the BEI Testing Coordinator at 512-410-1386 via interpreter (relay service).
Disclaimer: The skills of participants will be enhanced through activities offered at CSW. However, there is no guarantee that this training will ensure the passing of any BEI performance test.