Hands & Voices answers the following common questions regarding Hearing Aids:
- "What are the benefits of hearing aids?"
- "What are the issues at the forefront of hearing aids?"
- "What should ever parent or professional know about hearing aids?"
- "Where else can I find information about hearing aids?"
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association discusses Children and Hearing Aids which includes information that answers questions such as:
- "When can a child be fit with hearing aids?"
- "Who pays for children's hearing aids?"
- "What kind of hearing aids are best for children?"
- "What is the responsibility of the school district when it comes to a student's hearing aids?"
Listening and Spoken Language Knowledge Center explains some of the advanced technology features in hearing aids including;
- Access to High-Frequency Information
- Hearing Aid Noise Reduction Technologies
- Binaural Processing
- Streaming Accessories
- Digital Modulation (DM) Radio Frequency (RF) Systems
- Waterproof/Water Resistant
How Do They Work?
Texas Connect provides an explanation of "How Do Hearing Aids Work?". The following are a few sample questions addressed on their site:
- "What kind of hearing aid does my child need?"
- "What is the difference between the different technologies?"
- "My child is so young…how do we know the hearing aids are providing what is needed?"
Types of Hearing Aids
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association provides information different types of hearing aids.
Tips for Use
Basic Tips for Infant Hearing Aid Use from Texas Connect answers common questions related to hearing aids, including:
- "How do I know if my child's hearing aids are working properly?"
- "How do I take care of the hearing aids?"
- "How can I keep the hearing aids on my child?"
Hearing Aid Choices is an explanation from My Baby's Hearing that addresses:
- practical tips for helping a baby adjust to wearing hearing aids
- ideas for preventing hearing aids from falling off
- options for preventing or avoiding the loss of hearing aids
- encouraging children to use their hearing aids on a regular basis
Care and Troubleshooting
Hearing Aid Care an explanation from Raising Deaf Kids, includes:
- general hearing aid tips
- hearing aid tubing
- why the hearing aid might make noises
- what to do when the hearing aid doesn't work
Care and Troubleshooting of Hearing Aids from Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Metro in Minnesota includes information on:
- watching out for: moisture; temperature; knocks, shocks, and sports; cosmetics; animals; and batteries
- troubleshooting scenarios and tips